As school starts back up, it is important to set aside time for you. It's very easy to get caught up in everything that's going on and everything that needs to be done. During those moments, you put others needs before your own. That's ok for small periods (1-2 days), but when you start getting into weeks and months without a break, that's when things can start going downhill, fast.
Take a break!
Now, when I say a break, I mean a moment in time where you can catch your breath, gather your thoughts, let your mind rest and focus entirely on something you want to do.
Here are a few things to consider when taking a break:
- Disconnect from social media.
- Take a deep breath.
- Build your break time or retreat time into your schedule.
- Look for and choose a quiet environment.
- Take time to rest.
- Start a relaxing hobby you like.
- Plan a personal retreat.
- Go for a walk.
- Read a new book or your favorite book in a quiet environment
- If you have been stuck inside, get outside.
- Take a warm bath.
- Read your bible.
These are only a few. What do you do to take a break and relax?
Let us know below in the comments.